I woke up this morning after a nice amount of sleep. Rejuvenating, to say the least.
But I think the best five minutes of the morning was those five minutes I spent with myself.
Today, I looked at myself and said hello.
I noticed that my hair was all out of place, but before doing anything to it, I just continued to stand there.
And let it be.
I saw something in my eyes as I shared that time with my self. I tried to put a word to it, but every time that a word came to mind I felt that it was not the right one. Compassion? Concern. Caring? Determination. Fire? Yearning? Love. I felt what it was in my eyes; I could not express it in any way but its own feeling... And that feeling was deep.
Am I finally meeting myself? Have I just been assuming what I've personally wanted for years?
I feel like I am finally seeing with my eyes, for the first time.
Gerry
No comments:
Post a Comment