Monday, March 24, 2014

The Sixth Time

Today, I was incredibly distracted through the entire time with myself.

I recently learned that a friend of mine's father passed this past week. With the funeral on Tuesday, I have so many thoughts running through my head.


I could not clear my mind and focus at all. It felt exactly like when my father passed, so many years ago.


I let it go through its course. I didn't try to throw away the ideas and thoughts that were flooding my mind, detracting me from my time with myself... I just let them go for a moment. So many ideas, and words, and thoughts, all of them vying for the attention of my consciousness.


By the end of the five minutes, I had been able to give myself that moment that I was aiming for. It was a very beautiful moment, because that is exactly how grief works.


Sometimes you just have to let things run their course before you can do what is needed.


-Gerry


No comments:

Post a Comment